MEET THE TEAM
You have the choice of 3 Doctors of Chiropractic, who offer a unique blend of chiropractic techniques for your whole body.
The chiropractic team has a combined experience of 50 years in practice and all graduated from the prestigious Anglo-European College of Chiropractic (AECC) in Bournemouth. These recommendations describe how people feel about the care they receive from our team.
Damien joined our team as one of the most highly qualified chiropractors in the UK. Dr O’Dwyer has 4 science and health-based university degrees, with a PhD in Medical Research and a Master of Chiropractic. Damien has run popular chiropractic practices in Australia and the UK over the last 10 years.
People seeking Dr O’Dwyer’s expertise are impressed by his thorough and committed approach to their health and wellbeing. Damien offers a combination of safe, gentle and effective chiropractic techniques specifically tailored to your needs. His clinical focus includes evidence-based low-force techniques.
Damien was introduced to chiropractic by his parents at the age of eight and continues to benefit from regular adjustments. He believes Chiropractic is beneficial for all in the community: adjusting babies aged from days old; to people into their second century.
Damien’s highlights reel includes:
- Award-winning Holistic Chiropractor and Medical Researcher
- PhD in Immunology and Endocrinology Research 2001 and published scientist
- The only Advanced Proficiency Rated DC for Activator Methods in Dorset and Hampshire (see www.activator.com)
- Clinical Tutor at the AECC 2007-2008
- Certificate in Paediatric Chiropractic Practice from AECC, Intern Recruiter for infantile colic trial, and contributor to the AECC Paediatric Conditions Manual in 2005
- Quantum Neurology Myotomal Rehabilitation, myofascial release techniques and dry needling
- Damien is a member of the United Chiropractic Association (UCA)
Damien’s motto is “From top-to-toe it has to be chiro – Chiropractic for everybody”.
Dr Lawyer grew up in Bournemouth and trained at the AECC, graduating in 2003.
Dr Lawyer has excellent chiropractic adjusting skills and uses a variety of techniques including diversified, activator, blocking, and drop techniques along with soft tissue treatments such as trigger point therapy and neuromuscular re-education, tailoring the treatment to your individual needs.
Kermin has post-graduate training in Extremity Adjusting (arms, hands, legs, feet) having updated her skills in May 2016, through Continuing Professional Development (CPD) with world-renowned educator and author, Dr Mark Charrette DC.
Explaining the importance of good posture, staying active and the supporting role of appropriate rehabilitation exercises are part of Kermin’s holistic approach. This maximizes the benefits people get from their chiropractic care and helps maintain their spinal health.
Kermin is a member of the British Chiropractic Association. She is a popular member of our team being highly professional, approachable and caring and is passionate about chiropractic care for everyone.
Jonathan Melhuish, BSc, DC, MCC (Orth), CCEP.
Doctor of Chiropractic & Certified Extremity Practitioner
Jonathan is professionally respected and highly regarded. His patients recognise and recommend him for his thorough approach to assessing your problems and then expertly delivering gentle and effective chiropractic care.
He draws on all of these techniques to provide holistic treatment for your ‘whole body’ and care for your ‘whole family’. He encourages you to take an interest in your own health and rehabilitation, by encouraging appropriate exercises and advice: getting you fit for life.
A highlights package of his techniques and achievements follows:
- He is one of the UK’s few Certified Extremities Practitioners (CCEP: Sports Treatment qualification)
- He uses a number of chiropractic techniques including Diversified, Drop, Spinal Rehabilitation and Gonstead. A sabbatical in Australia enabled Jonathan to master Advanced BioStructural Correction (ABC).
- His new interest is in the NeuroImpulse Protocol (NIP): A very specific, low force adjusting method initially developed for babies and children but is now used for all ages. NIP adjustments have a profound effect on the nerve supply and the patient does not feel or hear any ‘cracking sounds’
- Completed a Post-Graduate Certificate in Chiropractic Paediatrics from the AECC in 2005
- Special interest in shoulder problems: completing training in the Niel-Asher Technique, a highly effective treatment for frozen shoulders www.frozenshoulder.com
- Member of the Royal College of Chiropractic (MCC) Faculty of Orthopaedics (Ortho) and The British Chiropractic Association (BCA)
- Driving force behind New Milton Chiropractic being awarded the Royal College of Chiropractic’s Patient Partnership Quality Mark (PPQM): a mark of excellence in provision of high quality service and care for patients ongoing from 2008 through to 2017.
Jonathan graduated from AECC in 1991 and has worked at the New Milton Chiropractic Clinic ever since. Dr Melhuish has built New Milton Chiropractic into the popular thriving practice it is today.
The DC’s are supported by our Massage Therapist Amy Knight
Amy is a fully qualified Massage Therapist with years of experience. She is a very popular member of the team and she offers a range of massage techniques.
A close liaison is maintained between the Massage Therapist and the Doctors of Chiropractic. This ensures that people’s progress goes to plan and massage may be suggested as part of chiropractic management.
Some benefits of massage are the breaking down of muscle tightness, increasing blood flow and waste product elimination, improving flexibility and reducing aching and stiffness. The massage techniques used complement chiropractic care.