If that phrase sends a shiver down your spine there is a good reason for that…
Is holding a good posture, just for a couple of seconds, a strain?
This is an indication that your nervous system is struggling to cope with one of its most basic functions:
maintaining your body against gravity.
Many things we do lead to poor posture, including:
1. Carrying heavy school bags
2. Working at a desk all day
3. Sitting too much
4. Mobile phone use (known as “text neck”)
Your posture affects all areas of your body and everything you do, including:
- Your thinking and concentration
- Your breathing and digestion
- Your mood and ability to handle stress
- Your movement and balance
- Your stamina and fatigue levels
- Coordination and strength
- The pain levels you are experiencing
- And even your ability to heal
That’s why at New Milton Chiropractic we focus on posture, as it is the window to your health. Our Doctors of Chiropractic concentrate on setting up new patterns to re-establish a healthy posture.
Improve your posture and improve your life!
Dr Damien T. O’Dwyer, Chiropractor
BSc, PGDipSc, PhD, MChiro, DC