MEET THE TEAM
You have the choice of 3 Doctors of Chiropractic, who offer a unique blend of chiropractic techniques for your whole body.
The chiropractic team has a combined experience of 50 years in practice and all graduated from the prestigious Anglo-European College of Chiropractic (AECC) in Bournemouth. These recommendations describe how people feel about the care they receive from our team.
Jonathan Melhuish, BSc, DC, MCC (Orth), CCEP.
Doctor of Chiropractic & Certified Extremity Practitioner
Dr Melhuish consults in New Milton Chiropractic on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Dr Melhuish has a unique skill-set. He has a keen interest in techniques which systematically treat the spine and peripheral joints.
A highlights package of his techniques and achievements follows:
- He is one of the UK’s few Certified Extremities Practitioners (CCEP: Sports Treatment qualification)
- He uses a number of chiropractic techniques including Diversified, Drop, Spinal Rehabilitation and Gonstead. A sabbatical in Australia enabled Jonathan to master Advanced BioStructural Correction (ABC).
- His new interest is in the NeuroImpulse Protocol (NIP): A very specific, low force adjusting method initially developed for babies and children but is now used for all ages. NIP adjustments have a profound effect on the nerve supply and the patient does not feel or hear any ‘cracking sounds’
- Completed a Post-Graduate Certificate in Chiropractic Paediatrics from the AECC in 2005
- Special interest in shoulder problems: completing training in the Niel-Asher Technique, a highly effective treatment for frozen shoulders www.frozenshoulder.com
- Soft tissue techniques: massage, stretching and dry needling (using acupuncture needles) to complement chiropractic adjustments
- Member of the Royal College of Chiropractic (MCC) Faculty of Orthopaedics (Ortho) and The British Chiropractic Association (BCA)
- Driving force behind New Milton Chiropractic being awarded the Royal College of Chiropractic’s Patient Partnership Quality Mark (PPQM): a mark of excellence in provision of high quality service and care for patients ongoing from 2008 through to 2017.
Jonathan is professionally respected and highly regarded. His patients recognise and recommend him for his thorough approach to assessing your problems and then expertly delivering gentle and effective chiropractic care.
He draws on all of these techniques to provide holistic treatment for your ‘whole body’ and care for your ‘whole family’. He encourages you to take an interest in your own health and rehabilitation, by encouraging appropriate exercises and advice: getting you fit for life.
Dr Lawyer grew up in Bournemouth and trained at the AECC, graduating in 2003. Since graduation Kermin has been practising in the local area dividing her time between New Milton and Poole.
Dr Lawyer works in New Milton Chiropractic on Mondays and Thursdays.
Dr Lawyer has excellent chiropractic adjusting skills and uses a variety of techniques including diversified, activator, blocking, and drop techniques along with soft tissue treatments such as trigger point therapy and neuromuscular re-education, tailoring the treatment to your individual needs.
Kermin has post-graduate training in Extremity Adjusting (arms, hands, legs, feet) having updated her skills in May 2016, through Continuing Professional Development (CPD) with world-renowned educator and author, Dr Mark Charrette DC.
Explaining the importance of good posture, staying active and the supporting role of appropriate rehabilitation exercises are part of Kermin’s holistic approach. This maximizes the benefits people get from their chiropractic care and helps maintain their spinal health.
Kermin is a member of the British Chiropractic Association. She is a popular member of our team being highly professional, approachable and caring and is passionate about chiropractic care for everyone.
Damien joined our team as one of the most highly qualified chiropractors in the UK. Dr O’Dwyer has 4 science and health-based university degrees, with a PhD in Medical Research and a Master of Chiropractic. Damien has run popular chiropractic practices in Australia and the UK over the last 10 years.
Damien’s clinic is on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday of each week.
Damien’s highlights reel includes:
- Award-winning Holistic Chiropractor and Medical Researcher
- PhD in Immunology and Endocrinology Research 2001 and published scientist
- The only Advanced Proficiency Rated DC for Activator Methods in Dorset and Hampshire (see www.activator.com)
- Clinical Tutor at the AECC 2007-2008
- Certificate in Paediatric Chiropractic Practice from AECC, Intern Recruiter for infantile colic trial, and contributor to the AECC Paediatric Conditions Manual in 2005
- Quantum Neurology Myotomal Rehabilitation, myofascial release techniques and dry needling
- Hosts public education talks and lectures on Chiropractic for industry and community groups
- Damien is a member of the United Chiropractic Association (UCA)
People seeking Dr O’Dwyer’s expertise are impressed by his thorough and committed approach to their health and wellbeing. Damien offers a combination of safe, gentle and effective chiropractic techniques specifically tailored to your needs. His clinical focus includes evidence-based low-force techniques.
Damien was introduced to chiropractic by his parents at the age of eight and continues to benefit from regular adjustments. He believes Chiropractic is beneficial for all in the community: adjusting babies aged from days old; to people into their second century.
The DCs are supported by our Massage Therapist Amy Knight.
Amy Knight, BSc (Hons), Diploma in Clinical Sports and Remedial Massage Therapy
Amy is our popular massage therapist. After gaining a BSc Honors degree in Health Science and following a career in biology, Amy qualified with a Level 5 diploma in Clinical Sports and Remedial Massage Therapy with the London School of Sports Massage (LSSM). She is a member of The Institute of Sports and Remedial Massage. Amy uses a range of different massage techniques. You can make an appointment to see Amy on Tuesdays.
A close liaison is maintained between Amy and the Doctors of Chiropractic. This ensures that people’s treatment and progress goes to plan, as massage may be a prescribed part of chiropractic management.
Some benefits of massage are the breaking down of muscle tightness, increasing blood flow and waste product elimination, improving flexibility and reducing aching and stiffness. The massage techniques Amy use complement chiropractic treatment.
Amy is a keen tri-athlete. She understands the benefits achieved from massage, strengthening and stretching exercises. You don’t have to be an athlete to see her though, she is also used to treating people with no sporting background who suffer from everyday aches and pains brought on by normal life.
Jane, Jenny, Jan, Linda, Yvonne, Elizabeth and Abbie are our warm and friendly reception staff. They are chiropractic advocates, who all benefit from regular chiropractic adjustments.
They will make you very welcome and help in any way they can.